Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes heating, refrigeration, air conditioning, millwrighting and elevator installation trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in unit groups within the following minor groups: <i>Machinery and Transportation Equipment Mechanics (Except Motor Vehicle)</i> (731), <i>Automotive Service Technicians</i> (732) and <i>Other Mechanics</i> (733). They are employed in a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the unit group descriptions.
contractor, heating systems, foreman/woman, air conditioning and refrigeration mechanics, foreman/woman, aircraft mechanics and inspectors, foreman/woman, electrical mechanics, foreman/woman, heating systems mechanics, foreman/woman, heavy-duty equipment mechanics, foreman/woman, printing machine repairers, foreman/woman, railway car repairers, foreman/woman, railway equipment maintenance inspectors, foreman/woman, textile machine mechanics, supervisor, aircraft maintenance engineers (AME), supervisor, appliance repair shop, supervisor, industrial mechanics, supervisor, motor vehicle repair shop, supervisor, small-engine repair shop.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who repair and maintain aircraft, railway locomotives and cars, industrial machinery and equipment, construction and other heavy equipment, textile equipment, printing machines, heating equipment and furnaces, transformers and other electrical equipment, motor vehicles, air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment, electric appliances and other equipment, such as motorcycles, outboard motors and snowmobiles
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Ensure that standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare production and other reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Jobs for Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades in Outaouais Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Outaouais Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: