Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Outdoor sport and recreational guides organize and conduct trips or expeditions for sports enthusiasts, adventurers, tourists and resort guests. They are employed by private companies and resorts or may be self-employed.
canoeing guide, dude wrangler, fishing guide, hot air balloonist, hunting guide, mountain climbing guide, outfitter, rafting guide.
- Plan itinerary for trip or expedition and arrange transportation or transport individuals or group to site
- Assemble necessary equipment and supplies, such as camping gear, rafts, life jackets, fishing tackle and food
- Lead or escort individuals or groups and advise on safety and emergency measures, techniques and the use of equipment
- Provide instruction for activities such as canoeing, rafting and mountain climbing
- Advise on specific regulations such as hunting and fishing laws and boating regulations, follow environmental guidelines and prevent violations
- Provide first aid in emergency situations
- May prepare meals for group and set up camp.
Outlook & Prospects for Outdoor Sport and Recreational Guides in Outaouais Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Outaouais Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-12|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Daycare service La Casa Tropical/Maison des Enfants was built in Saint-Denis-de-Brompton thanks to an $800,000 investment. Eight employees have been hired.
- Espace Vie King Est, a new $2M building project, will launch in October in Sherbrooke at the corner of King Est and Curtis. The building will include retail space, offices and residential units. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Resolute Forest Products papermill in Gatineau resumes production; 125 workers return to work. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A $469,000 training project aims to develop skills among owners of outfitting businesses in the Outaouais. $8.3M in economic spin-offs are anticipated along with a potential dozen or so new jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The golf course of Sainte-Marie in the Outaouais region has stopped its activities. Nearly a dozen seasonal employees are now without a job for the new season. (available in French only)
- A new elementary school is being built in Cantley, which represents an investment estimated at $10.8M. The establishment should be welcoming 425 students by September 2014. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: