Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness lead and instruct groups and individuals in recreational, sports, fitness or athletic programs. They are employed by community centres, sports and fitness clubs, outdoor centres, resorts, recreational facilities, health care facilities, correctional institutions, government departments, private businesses, tourism associations and similar establishments.
Certified personal trainer, aerobics instructor, camp counsellor, day camp leader, fitness instructor, gymnastics teacher, lifeguard, personal trainer, playground worker, recreation program leader, riding instructor, ski instructor, ski patrol, swimming instructor – sports.
- Plan and carry out recreational, athletic, fitness and sports activities
- Assemble supplies and sports and game equipment
- Demonstrate and instruct athletic, fitness or sports activities and techniques
- Instruct groups and individuals in arts, crafts and similar activities and lead groups and individuals in recreational or leisure programs
- Attend to clients with special needs
- Provide lifestyle awareness information
- Conduct therapeutic recreational or athletic activities
- Monitor recreational, sports or fitness activities to ensure safety and provide emergency or first aid assistance when required
- Enforce safety rules and regulations
- Assist with co-ordination of special events
- Schedule activities, keep logs, maintain records and prepare reports
- May train and supervise staff
- May maintain and repair sports equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Program Leaders and Instructors in Recreation, Sport and Fitness in Outaouais Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||2013-01-16|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Elementary school École Sainte-Cécile, located in the Jonquière borough of Saguenay, will expand its gymnasium at a cost of $1.65M (available in French only)
- Groupe Plein Air Terrebonne (GPAT) has opened its new establishment of Parc de la Rivière in Terrebonne after investing $1.8M in its construction. This project has led to the creation of nearly a dozen new jobs. (available in French only)
- A new show complex, La Grosse Bertha, has just opened in Berthierville. This establishment houses a 140-seat room, a dairy bar and a recording studio. (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Collège Ellis will invest $1.1M in the construction of a student residence in Drummondville (available in French only)
- Elementary school École C will be built at a cost of $7.2M in Drummondville's Saint-Charles-de-Drummond sector (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Due to the demographic explosion in the Laurentides, the ministère de l'Éducation du Québec has announced an investment of nearly $15M to enlarge and renovate the facilities of the CEGEP de St-Jérôme and increase its capacity (available in French only)
- The CEGEP de St-Jérôme recently opened the Neurones et papilles restaurant, part of the new Gestion d'un établissement de restauration program that will welcome about thirty students after an investment of more than $2.4M (available in French only)
- The Government of Québec has announced investments of over $59M in education in Lanaudière to build three new schools in Terrebonne, Repentigny and Saint-Thomas, and to enlarge eight others (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Nearly $1M will be invested in building a minigolf and dairy bar on the grounds of the Marché public des Bois-Francs in Victoriaville. A dozen jobs will be created in time for the opening in April 2014. (available in French only)
- Construction of a new primary school with 14 classes in Saint-Paul will start in the fall. Over $7M will be invested and it is expected to open in September 2014. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: