Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes musicians, singers and teachers of vocal and instrumental music. Musicians and singers perform with orchestras, choirs, opera companies and popular bands in establishments such as concert halls, lounges and theatres and in film, television and recording studios. Music teachers teach in conservatories, academies and private homes.
accompanist, church organist, guitar player, instrumentalist, music teacher – musicians, musician, opera singer, percussionist, recording artist, rock singer, singer, vocalist.
- Musicians play one or more instruments as soloists or as members of a musical group before audiences or for recording purposes.
- Singers sing musical arrangements as soloists or as members of vocal groups before audiences or for recording purposes.
- Teachers of music or voice teach technique, interpretation and music theory to students through private or group lessons.
Musicians and singers usually specialize in specific types of music such as classical, country, ethnic, jazz, opera or popular music.
Outlook & Prospects for Musicians and Singers in Outaouais Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2011-12-21|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-01|
|Côte-Nord Region||<Not assigned>||2012-12-06|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-12-31|
|Mauricie Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-07|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Énergie Cardio relocates in Drummondville by investing $500,000 and creates 4 new jobs (available in French only)
- Thanks to a $2.73M investment, elementary school Jardin-des-Lacs in Saint-Denis-de-Brompton will expand on time for the 2014 back-to-school semester (available in French only)
- Thanks to a $17.3M investment, two new elementary schools will be built for the 2015 back-to-school semester in Sherbrooke, in the boroughs of Rock Forest and Saint-Élie-d'Orford (available in French only)
- Inauguration of the new aquatic complex of l'Université de Sherbrooke built at a cost of $16.5M (available in French only)
- With a $220M investment, the new deep-water quay of the Port de Sept-Îles in Pointe-Nord is the biggest maritime dockyard in Canada (available in French only)
- A $78.5M investment for the construction of five new schools in the Montérégie region (available in French only)
- Espace Vie King Est, a new $2M building project, will launch in October in Sherbrooke at the corner of King Est and Curtis. The building will include retail space, offices and residential units. (available in French only)
- The gouvernement du Québec will invest $868M in the next five years for the development of infrastructures in Northern Québec (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Musée du fromage cheddar of Saint-Prime has invested close to $1M to offer its clientele an interactive and gustatory experience as of June 2014 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Le Chantier, a Laval professional training centre that specializes in construction trades, will invest $7M in the expansion of its establishment, which is due to begin in September 2014 (available in French only)
- Cinémas Guzzo will invest $18M in the construction of a motion picture theatre in Sainte-Thérèse, which will replace the current establishment. The new theatre will have 10 rooms and 2 IMAX rooms. It is due to open in December 2014. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The primary college in Saint-Ambroise will be rebuilt and expanded at a cost of $5.5M (available in French only)
- The City of Saguenay is investing $2.5M to renovate the Georges Vézina centre (available in French only)
- The CSDM (Montreal school board) is eliminating approximately 70 teaching positions in its system in order to eliminate a deficit of over $47M (available in French only)
- The Repentigny arena is being renovated thanks to an investment of over $7M. Benches and new lighting will be installed and the exterior of the building will be redone. A goalkeepers school, restaurants and a gym will be part of the facility. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: