Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics repair, maintain, calibrate, adjust, and install industrial measuring and controlling instrumentation. They are employed by pulp and paper processing companies, nuclear and hydro power generating companies, mining, petrochemical and natural gas companies, industrial instrument and other manufacturing companies, and by industrial instrument servicing establishments.
apprentice industrial instrument mechanic, industrial instrument mechanic, instrument technician, industrial, instrumentation technician, industrial, process control equipment mechanic.
- Consult manufacturer's manuals, circuit diagrams and blueprints to determine tests and maintenance procedures for instruments used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature, chemical composition and other variables in manufacturing and processing
- Inspect and test operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments
- Repair and adjust system components, such as sensors, transmitters and programmable logic controllers, or remove and replace defective parts
- Calibrate components and instruments according to manufacturers' specifications
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance work and complete test and maintenance reports
- Install control and measurement instruments on existing and new plant equipment and processes
- Consult with and advise process operators.
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Instrument Technicians and Mechanics in Outaouais Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Outaouais Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-10|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 10 – Jun 14, 2013
- Gatineau's Théâtre de l'Île will be renovated at a cost of $1.5M, with the work being spread over one and a half years (available in French only)
- A new Mercedez-Benz dealership recently opened in Gatineau, creating some 40 jobs (available in French only)
- Gatineau-based Kaboom Communications has been awarded a $95,000 contract by the City of Gatineau to develop the communications plan for its future multiplex centre (available in French only)
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Work on the biggest traffic circle of Gatineau estimated at $4.7M will begin soon (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- A new daycare, with a capacity to welcome 160 kids, will be built in Aylmer sector of Gatineau (available in French only)
- Thirty-two affordable apartments, divided among 5 buildings, will be built in Gatineau (available in French only)
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The arrival of Target on the Plateau in Gatineau will lead to the creation of 150 to 200 jobs (available in French only)
- 14 people laid off at Canadian Museum of Civilization (available in French only)
- Date Modified: