Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Storekeepers and parts clerks sort, store and issue parts and supplies for use by the establishment in which they work and for sale to the public. They are employed by manufacturing companies, warehouses, retail and wholesale establishments, mining, forestry and construction companies, repair shops, hospitals and other establishments, and the armed forces.
ammunition storekeeper, automotive partsperson – retail, material keeper, medical supply clerk, motor vehicle parts clerk, parts clerk, parts supplier, partsperson, ship storeman/woman, storekeeper, tool room attendant.
- Receive and sort incoming parts and supplies
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in a warehouse, tool room, supply room or other area
- Process incoming requisitions and issue or distribute parts and supplies for internal usage
- Maintain records of orders and the amount, kind and location of parts and supplies on hand using manual or computerized inventory system
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish parts and supplies
- Sell spare and replacement parts for motor vehicles, machinery and equipment in a retail setting
- Advise retail customers or internal users on appropriateness of parts, supplies or materials requested.
Parts clerks may specialize in a particular line of parts such as automotive parts, recreational vehicle parts, marine parts, heavy equipment parts, agricultural machinery parts, heating, ventilating and air conditioning parts or refrigeration parts.
Wages for Storekeepers and Parts Clerks in Outaouais Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||11.00||16.00||27.00|
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the national level.
|Prince Edward Island||10.00||16.00||23.08|
- Date Modified: