Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Legal secretaries perform a variety of secretarial and administrative duties in law offices, legal departments of large firms, real estate companies, land title offices, municipal, provincial and federal courts and government.
- Prepare and key in correspondence and legal documents, such as deeds, wills, affidavits and briefs, from handwritten copy, shorthand and machine dictation using computers
- Review and proofread documents and correspondence to ensure compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage
- Schedule appointments, meetings and conferences for employer
- Set up and maintain filing systems, utilizing knowledge of legal records and procedures and frequently controlling confidential materials and documents
- Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments or organizations
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in the use of current software
- May attend court, meetings or conferences to take notes, minutes and dictation
- May perform other general office work as required including preparing financial statements.
Outlook & Prospects for Legal Secretaries in Outaouais Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||2012-10-09|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Ecotierra, a company that specializes in projects that offer carbone credits, has invested $800,000 to set up shop in Sherbrooke. Five jobs were created. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Three European companies in aeronautics will open offices in Montreal, leading to the creation of 150 positions in the next three years. The majority of the jobs will be related to engineering. (available in French only)
- The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières will gain a new $1.4M research chair on small or medium-sized enterprises (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Mobilock, a Terrebonne company developing an electronic lock intended for electronic monitoring on construction sites, has been granted an aid from the Gouvernement du Québec to achieve this project. Four jobs will be created for the short term. (available in French only)
- Groupe Infoplus of Drummonville, which specializes in computing solutions, has invested $1.2M to relocate and expand (available in French only)
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- The City of Gatineau has awarded 8 contracts with a value of $18M to Cima+ for the development of new industrial sites close to the Gatineau airport (available in French only)
- BBA, an engineering firm, is laying off about 100 employees in its Montréal, Brossard and Mont Saint-Hilaire offices. The positions in question affect engineers, technicians and support personnel. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: