Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Mail, Postal and Related Clerks</i> (1461), <i>Letter Carriers</i> (1462) and <i>Couriers, Messengers and Door-to-Door Distributors</i> (1463). They are employed by Canada Post Corporation, courier companies, governments and large corporations.
courier service supervisor, letter carriers supervisor, mail and postal clerks supervisor, mail room supervisor, messenger service supervisor, postal station supervisor, postmaster/mistress.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of postal clerks, letter carriers and couriers engaged in the collecting, sorting and delivering of mail, parcels and other material
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Mail and Message Distribution Occupations in Outaouais Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-15|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-12|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-02|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-23|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-09-19|
|Côte-Nord Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-12-03|
|Estrie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-15|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-09|
|Lanaudière Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-13|
|Laurentides Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-26|
|Laval Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2013-04-22|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-14|
|Montérégie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-24|
|Montréal Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-16|
|Outaouais Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-10|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-10-23|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- February 2014 | (PDF, 566 KB)
- January 2014 | (PDF, 418 KB)
- December 2013 | (PDF, 487 KB)
- November 2013 | (PDF, 487 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 627 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 235 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 435 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 570 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 437 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 434 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 563 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 225 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 225 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 545 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 521 KB, 10 pages)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 20 - Jan 24, 2014
- Allo-Stop Montréal, a carpooling company, has declared bankruptcy. This branch employed close to 20 workers. (available in French only)
- In Shawinigan, Delastek laid off 12 employees in December following delays in the delivery of the C Series from Bombardier (available in French only)
- Panorama Aviation, a new charter flight enterprise, will open at the Alma airport in the spring. Twenty-some jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- As a result of a slowdown in business, Industry Oceans has had to make temporary layoffs, affecting 47 workers (available in French only)
- Date Modified: