Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate operations within publishing firms, film, theatre and record production companies and broadcasting facilities. They are employed by radio and television stations, by newspaper, periodical and book publishing firms, and by film, theatre, record and video production companies.
ballet company director, book publishing manager, broadcasting manager, copyright manager – publishing, dance company director, editor-in-chief, manager, radio station, managing editor, opera company director, publishing manager, radio programming manager, station manager, broadcasting, television station manager, theatre company manager, video production company manager.
- Establish procedures and implement policies in newspaper and publishing firms, in film, theatre, record and video production companies, and in radio and television stations
- Plan and maintain production schedules for publications, films, broadcasts, and theatre, record and video productions
- Prepare and control budgets
- Hire and supervise staff
- Consult with government regulatory agencies to evaluate and review programs and policies to ensure conformance to regulations
- Initiate or approve development of articles, books, films, broadcasts, musical recordings and theatre productions, and liaise with authors, composers, producers and directors.
Outlook & Prospects for Managers – Publishing, Motion Pictures, Broadcasting and Performing Arts in Outaouais Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Outaouais region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 10 – Jun 14, 2013
- Gatineau's Théâtre de l'Île will be renovated at a cost of $1.5M, with the work being spread over one and a half years (available in French only)
- A new Mercedez-Benz dealership recently opened in Gatineau, creating some 40 jobs (available in French only)
- Gatineau-based Kaboom Communications has been awarded a $95,000 contract by the City of Gatineau to develop the communications plan for its future multiplex centre (available in French only)
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Work on the biggest traffic circle of Gatineau estimated at $4.7M will begin soon (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- A new daycare, with a capacity to welcome 160 kids, will be built in Aylmer sector of Gatineau (available in French only)
- Thirty-two affordable apartments, divided among 5 buildings, will be built in Gatineau (available in French only)
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The arrival of Target on the Plateau in Gatineau will lead to the creation of 150 to 200 jobs (available in French only)
- 14 people laid off at Canadian Museum of Civilization (available in French only)
- Date Modified: