Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate operations within publishing firms, film, theatre and record production companies and broadcasting facilities. They are employed by radio and television stations, by newspaper, periodical and book publishing firms, and by film, theatre, record and video production companies.
ballet company director, book publishing manager, broadcasting manager, copyright manager – publishing, dance company director, editor-in-chief, manager, radio station, managing editor, opera company director, publishing manager, radio programming manager, station manager, broadcasting, television station manager, theatre company manager, video production company manager.
- Establish procedures and implement policies in newspaper and publishing firms, in film, theatre, record and video production companies, and in radio and television stations
- Plan and maintain production schedules for publications, films, broadcasts, and theatre, record and video productions
- Prepare and control budgets
- Hire and supervise staff
- Consult with government regulatory agencies to evaluate and review programs and policies to ensure conformance to regulations
- Initiate or approve development of articles, books, films, broadcasts, musical recordings and theatre productions, and liaise with authors, composers, producers and directors.
Outlook & Prospects for Managers – Publishing, Motion Pictures, Broadcasting and Performing Arts in Outaouais Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Outaouais Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-10-09|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Outaouais region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 28 - Nov 01, 2013
- A $1.3M, investment is enabling an indoor recycling plant to be opened in L¿Ange-Gardien in the Outaouais region (available in French only)
- A new Benny&Co. franchise will be opening its doors in March 2014 in Gatineau, leading to the creation of approximately 40 jobs. The project represents a $2M investment. (available in French only)
- Cassidian Communications is centralizing its business in Gatineau's Technoparc des Hautes-Plaines. The equipment supplier expects to expand its workforce from 145 to 200 employees over the next three years. (available in French only)
- The City of Gatineau will be moving forward with its project to rebuild the waste water plant and sanitary pumping station. The project is estimated at $115M and will create 67 jobs over the next six years. (available in French only)
- A grant of $2.3M will see the construction of two housing projects involving 115 affordable units for families and single persons in the Aylmer sector of Gatineau (available in French only)
- Date Modified: