Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Human resources managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of human resources and personnel departments, and develop and implement policies, programs and procedures regarding human resource planning, recruitment, collective bargaining, training and development, occupation classification and pay and benefit administration. They represent management and participate actively on various joint committees to maintain ongoing relations between management and employees. Human resources managers are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
administrator, human resources, manager, employer-employee relations, manager, employment equity – human resources, manager, human resources, manager, industrial relations, manager, occupational health and safety, manager, pay and benefits, manager, personnel, manager, personnel services, manager, personnel training and development, manager, recruiting, manager, staff relations.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of human resources or personnel departments
- Plan human resource requirements in conjunction with other departmental managers
- Co-ordinate internal and external training and recruitment activities
- Develop and implement labour relations policies and procedures and negotiate collective agreements
- Administer employee development, language training and health and safety programs
- Advise and assist other departmental managers on interpretation and administration of personnel policies and programs
- Oversee the classification and rating of occupations
- Organize and conduct employee information meetings on employment policy, benefits and compensation and participate actively on various joint committees
- Direct the organization's quality management program
- Ensure compliance with legislation such as the Pay Equity Act.
Outlook & Prospects for Human Resources Managers in Outaouais Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Outaouais Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-09|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Outaouais region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 28 - Nov 01, 2013
- A $1.3M, investment is enabling an indoor recycling plant to be opened in L¿Ange-Gardien in the Outaouais region (available in French only)
- A new Benny&Co. franchise will be opening its doors in March 2014 in Gatineau, leading to the creation of approximately 40 jobs. The project represents a $2M investment. (available in French only)
- Cassidian Communications is centralizing its business in Gatineau's Technoparc des Hautes-Plaines. The equipment supplier expects to expand its workforce from 145 to 200 employees over the next three years. (available in French only)
- The City of Gatineau will be moving forward with its project to rebuild the waste water plant and sanitary pumping station. The project is estimated at $115M and will create 67 jobs over the next six years. (available in French only)
- A grant of $2.3M will see the construction of two housing projects involving 115 affordable units for families and single persons in the Aylmer sector of Gatineau (available in French only)
- Date Modified: