Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group perform material handling, clean-up, packaging and other elemental activities related to food, beverage and tobacco processing. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and tobacco processing plants.
bottle washer, brewery labourer, cigarette packer, dairy helper, food processing labourer, meat packager, potato chip sorter, production helper.
- Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials throughout plant and warehouse manually, or with powered equipment
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines or mobile tank trucks
- Feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers
- Remove filled containers from conveyors and manually pack goods into bags, boxes or other containers
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Feed and unload tobacco processing machines
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties.
Outlook & Prospects for Labourers in Food, Beverage and Tobacco Processing in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Intersport opens a sports store in Trois-Rivières and creates 35 jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- In Shawinigan-Sud, Canada Bread will be closing Pâtisserie Chevalier on May 3; 74 people will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Meat processing plan Montpak in Sainte-Angèle-de-Prémont will relaunch its activities in the spring under Aliments Prémont and plans to relaunch with twenty-some workers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Twenty-five workers were given their walking papers at the end of March at Câble Alcan - Usine Saint-Maurice in Shawinigan (available in French only)
- Date Modified: