Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group perform material handling, clean-up, packaging and other elemental activities related to food, beverage and tobacco processing. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and tobacco processing plants.
bottle washer, brewery labourer, cigarette packer, dairy helper, food processing labourer, meat packager, potato chip sorter, production helper.
- Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials throughout plant and warehouse manually, or with powered equipment
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines or mobile tank trucks
- Feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers
- Remove filled containers from conveyors and manually pack goods into bags, boxes or other containers
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Feed and unload tobacco processing machines
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties.
Outlook & Prospects for Labourers in Food, Beverage and Tobacco Processing in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-23|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Approximately 60 employees of the subcontractor Adecco will be leaving the Rio Tinto Alcan plant in Shawinigan, following the closure of the last potline on November 29 (available in French only)
- Following a process optimization project of nearly $1.2M, Trois-Rivi¿res-based Automation Mauricie should create approximately 30 jobs within the next two years (available in French only)
- Following an expansion project worth over $3 million, ADF Diesel Saint-Stanislas will create 20 jobs (available in French only)
- By January, there will be 57 layoffs at the Trois-Rivières Kruger plant (available in French only)
- Date Modified: