Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Testers and graders in this unit group test or grade ingredients and finished food, beverage or tobacco products to ensure conformance to company standards. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, fish plants, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and tobacco processing plants.
beef grader, beer tester, cheese grader, fish grader, milk grader, poultry grader, product tester – food and beverage processing, tobacco grader.
- Take samples of products at various stages of processing
- Examine ingredients or finished products by sight, touch, taste and smell or weigh materials to ensure conformance to company standards
- Conduct routine tests for product specifications such as colour, alcohol content, carbonation, moisture content, temperature, fat content and packaging
- Grade or sort raw materials or finished products
- Ensure hygiene and sanitation practices conform to policies and regulations
- Advise supervisors of ingredient or product deficiencies.
Outlook & Prospects for Testers and Graders, Food and Beverage Processing in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||<Not assigned>||2010-01-15|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Place Belvédère residence, in Trois-Rivières, has turned the sod on its second phase, which will require an investment of $20M to $22M and will provide work to 100 persons during construction (available in French only)
- Approximately 60 employees of the subcontractor Adecco will be leaving the Rio Tinto Alcan plant in Shawinigan, following the closure of the last potline on November 29 (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivi¿res, the number of jobs will double at the Gexel call centre, which plans to add around 120 employees between next January and June (available in French only)
- Following a process optimization project of nearly $1.2M, Trois-Rivi¿res-based Automation Mauricie should create approximately 30 jobs within the next two years (available in French only)
- The Minist¿re de la Sant¿ et des Services sociaux announced that health facilities in the Mauricie region will receive $38.5M in investments to renovate and maintain their property holdings or upgrade their equipment and furniture (available in French only)
- On November 1st, Premier Aviation in Trois-Rivi¿res has announced $1M in training. This will allow the company to train 130 employees, with 80 new recruits that it plans to hire in the next two years.
- Microbrewery Archibald will open in Trois-Rivi¿res in the summer and will employ sixty-some people (available in French only)
- Date Modified: