Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Testers and graders in this unit group test or grade ingredients and finished food, beverage or tobacco products to ensure conformance to company standards. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, fish plants, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and tobacco processing plants.
beef grader, beer tester, cheese grader, fish grader, milk grader, poultry grader, product tester – food and beverage processing, tobacco grader.
- Take samples of products at various stages of processing
- Examine ingredients or finished products by sight, touch, taste and smell or weigh materials to ensure conformance to company standards
- Conduct routine tests for product specifications such as colour, alcohol content, carbonation, moisture content, temperature, fat content and packaging
- Grade or sort raw materials or finished products
- Ensure hygiene and sanitation practices conform to policies and regulations
- Advise supervisors of ingredient or product deficiencies.
Outlook & Prospects for Testers and Graders, Food and Beverage Processing in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||<Not assigned>||2010-01-15|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Intersport opens a sports store in Trois-Rivières and creates 35 jobs (available in French only)
- The sum of $90.5M will be invested into the Mauricie region's roads between 2013 and 2015, leading to the creation or retention of 692 jobs (available in French only)
- Aesthetic, massage therapy and spa centre Talo Spa opened on April 23rd in Rimouski, leading to the creation of 10 jobs (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivières, the Gexel call centre is looking for 60 candidates (available in French only)
- Since spring, the Groupe RCM of Yamachiche has laid off twenty-some people (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Twenty-some jobs will be terminated at wholesaler Marcotte Alimentation & Poissonnerie of Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières will gain a new $1.4M research chair on small or medium-sized enterprises (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Haltes du Roi project in Trois-Rivières, which will require a $20M investment, will create 100 jobs during construction (available in French only)
- In Shawinigan-Sud, Canada Bread will be closing Pâtisserie Chevalier on May 3; 74 people will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: