Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following groups: <i>Pulping Control Operators</i> (9233), <i>Papermaking and Coating Control Operators</i> (9234), <i>Labourers in Wood, Pulp and Paper Processing</i> (9614), and <i>Machine Operators and Related Workers in Pulp and Paper Production and Wood Processing</i> (943). They are employed by pulp and paper companies, paper converting companies, sawmills, planing mills, wood treatment plants, waferboard plants and other wood processing companies.
coating room foreman/woman – pulp and paper, foreman/woman, lumber grading, foreman/woman, plywood making, foreman/woman, shingle mill, foreman/woman, waferboard, foreman/woman, wood treating plant, paper machine foreman/woman, paper mill foreman/woman, pulp mill foreman/woman, sawmill foreman/woman, shift operating supervisor – pulp and paper, supervisor, paper converting, tour foreman/woman – pulp and paper.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate pulp and paper mills, paper converting mills, sawmills, planing mills, plywood, waferboard and other wood and paper products mills
- Ensure that systems and equipment are operating efficiently and that proper maintenance and repairs are performed
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions and administer the collective agreement
- Prepare production and other reports
- Monitor safety conditions
- May set up machines and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Forest Products Processing in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be limited for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Intersport opens a sports store in Trois-Rivières and creates 35 jobs (available in French only)
- The sum of $90.5M will be invested into the Mauricie region's roads between 2013 and 2015, leading to the creation or retention of 692 jobs (available in French only)
- Aesthetic, massage therapy and spa centre Talo Spa opened on April 23rd in Rimouski, leading to the creation of 10 jobs (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivières, the Gexel call centre is looking for 60 candidates (available in French only)
- Since spring, the Groupe RCM of Yamachiche has laid off twenty-some people (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Twenty-some jobs will be terminated at wholesaler Marcotte Alimentation & Poissonnerie of Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières will gain a new $1.4M research chair on small or medium-sized enterprises (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Haltes du Roi project in Trois-Rivières, which will require a $20M investment, will create 100 jobs during construction (available in French only)
- In Shawinigan-Sud, Canada Bread will be closing Pâtisserie Chevalier on May 3; 74 people will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: