Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors, mineral and metal processing, supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following groups: <i>Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing</i> (9231), <i>Machine Operators and Related Workers in Metal and Mineral Products Processing</i> (941) and <i>Labourers in Mineral and Metal Processing</i> (9611). They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries, cement processing plants, clay, glass and stone processing plants and foundries.
blast furnace foreman/woman, brick and tile foreman/woman, cement processing supervisor, coremaking foreman/woman, die casting supervisor, foreman/woman, lead refining, lime preparation foreman/woman, melting and roasting department supervisor, ore milling supervisor, roll shop operations coach – steel mill, shift co-ordinator, steel mill, supervisor, glass cutters.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers engaged in the following duties: operating single or multi-function mineral and metal processing machinery and equipment; operating mouldmaking and coremaking machines or manually make moulds and cores; operating glass process control, forming and finishing machines; operating concrete, clay and stone forming and finishing machines; and operating cement process control and machines and equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with units
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Mineral and Metal Processing in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-23|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Place Belvédère residence, in Trois-Rivières, has turned the sod on its second phase, which will require an investment of $20M to $22M and will provide work to 100 persons during construction (available in French only)
- Approximately 60 employees of the subcontractor Adecco will be leaving the Rio Tinto Alcan plant in Shawinigan, following the closure of the last potline on November 29 (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivi¿res, the number of jobs will double at the Gexel call centre, which plans to add around 120 employees between next January and June (available in French only)
- Following a process optimization project of nearly $1.2M, Trois-Rivi¿res-based Automation Mauricie should create approximately 30 jobs within the next two years (available in French only)
- The Minist¿re de la Sant¿ et des Services sociaux announced that health facilities in the Mauricie region will receive $38.5M in investments to renovate and maintain their property holdings or upgrade their equipment and furniture (available in French only)
- On November 1st, Premier Aviation in Trois-Rivi¿res has announced $1M in training. This will allow the company to train 130 employees, with 80 new recruits that it plans to hire in the next two years.
- Microbrewery Archibald will open in Trois-Rivi¿res in the summer and will employ sixty-some people (available in French only)
- Date Modified: