Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors, mineral and metal processing, supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following groups: <i>Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing</i> (9231), <i>Machine Operators and Related Workers in Metal and Mineral Products Processing</i> (941) and <i>Labourers in Mineral and Metal Processing</i> (9611). They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries, cement processing plants, clay, glass and stone processing plants and foundries.
blast furnace foreman/woman, brick and tile foreman/woman, cement processing supervisor, coremaking foreman/woman, die casting supervisor, foreman/woman, lead refining, lime preparation foreman/woman, melting and roasting department supervisor, ore milling supervisor, roll shop operations coach – steel mill, shift co-ordinator, steel mill, supervisor, glass cutters.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers engaged in the following duties: operating single or multi-function mineral and metal processing machinery and equipment; operating mouldmaking and coremaking machines or manually make moulds and cores; operating glass process control, forming and finishing machines; operating concrete, clay and stone forming and finishing machines; and operating cement process control and machines and equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with units
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Mineral and Metal Processing in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Intersport opens a sports store in Trois-Rivières and creates 35 jobs (available in French only)
- The sum of $90.5M will be invested into the Mauricie region's roads between 2013 and 2015, leading to the creation or retention of 692 jobs (available in French only)
- Aesthetic, massage therapy and spa centre Talo Spa opened on April 23rd in Rimouski, leading to the creation of 10 jobs (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivières, the Gexel call centre is looking for 60 candidates (available in French only)
- Since spring, the Groupe RCM of Yamachiche has laid off twenty-some people (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Twenty-some jobs will be terminated at wholesaler Marcotte Alimentation & Poissonnerie of Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières will gain a new $1.4M research chair on small or medium-sized enterprises (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Haltes du Roi project in Trois-Rivières, which will require a $20M investment, will create 100 jobs during construction (available in French only)
- In Shawinigan-Sud, Canada Bread will be closing Pâtisserie Chevalier on May 3; 74 people will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: