Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Railway track maintenance workers operate machines and equipment to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks. They are employed by railway transport companies.
ballast regulator operator – railway, equipment operator, railway, machine operator – railway, rail saw operator, section worker – railway, spike machine operator – railway, tie tamper operator – railway, track patroller, railway, trackman/woman, railway.
- Operate machines and equipment such as tie cutters, tie injectors, tie anchors, rail lifters, spike drivers, spike pullers, rail saws and tie cranes to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks
- Operate machines and equipment to align tracks, to transfer, spread, level and tamp ballast around ties and rails and to clear snow from tracks
- Clean and make minor repairs to machines and equipment
- Patrol assigned track sections to identify and report damaged or broken track
- Shovel ice and snow from track switch boxes
- Perform other track maintenance duties as directed.
Outlook & Prospects for Railway Track Maintenance Workers in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||<Not assigned>||2010-01-15|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Twenty-some jobs will be terminated at wholesaler Marcotte Alimentation & Poissonnerie of Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières will gain a new $1.4M research chair on small or medium-sized enterprises (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Haltes du Roi project in Trois-Rivières, which will require a $20M investment, will create 100 jobs during construction (available in French only)
- In Shawinigan-Sud, Canada Bread will be closing Pâtisserie Chevalier on May 3; 74 people will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Meat processing plan Montpak in Sainte-Angèle-de-Prémont will relaunch its activities in the spring under Aliments Prémont and plans to relaunch with twenty-some workers (available in French only)
- A new Go Sport store has opened its doors in Shawinigan, leading to the creation of 25 jobs (available in French only)
- Groupe Thomas Bellemarre of Trois-Rivières is seeking mechanics, civil engineers and truckers in specialized transportation (available in French only)
- Date Modified: