Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who operate vehicles and equipment to maintain streets, highways and sewer systems and operate garbage trucks to remove garbage and refuse. They are employed by municipal, provincial and federal public works departments and by private contractors under contract with government public works departments.
garbage truck driver, municipal maintenance equipment operator, public works maintenance equipment operator, salt truck operator, sand spreader operator, sanitation truck driver, sewer flusher operator-driver – public works, sewer-flushing truck operator, snow removal equipment operator – public works, street flusher operator, street sweeper operator, street sweeper operator – public works.
- Operate garbage trucks to remove garbage and other refuse and dump loads at designated sites
- Operate street cleaning equipment such as street sweepers or other vehicles equipped with rotating brushes to remove sand, litter and trash
- Operate snowploughs or trucks fitted with plough blades to remove snow from streets, highways, parking lots and similar areas
- Operate sewer maintenance equipment such as rodders and sewer jet cleaners to maintain and repair sewer systems
- Operate trucks equipped with road sanding and other similar apparatus
- Check, lubricate, refuel and clean equipment and report any malfunctions to supervisor.
Outlook & Prospects for Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- Groupe RCM of Yamachiche is heading toward a temporary work stoppage by March 22, resulting in 210 layoffs (available in French only)
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- On February 18, 210 Groupe RCM employees in Yamachiche received their 12-week notice, suggesting a layoff date of next May 11 (available in French only)
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- Gexel will hold two open houses on February 12 and 13 to hire 150 workers for its Trois-Rivières call centre, which is scheduled to open in May (available in French only)
Week of Jan 28 – Feb 01, 2013
- Gexel is currently recruiting to fill 150 positions at its Trois-Rivières call centre, which is expected to open in May (available in French only)
- Date Modified: