Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Insulators apply insulation materials to plumbing, air-handling, heating, cooling and refrigeration systems, piping equipment and pressure vessels, and walls, floors and ceilings of buildings and other structures, to prevent or reduce the passage of heat, cold, sound or fire. They are employed by construction companies and insulation contractors, or they may be self-employed.
boiler and pipe insulator, building insulator, firestopping insulator, heat and frost insulator, insulation applicator, insulation mechanic, insulator, insulator apprentice, sound insulator.
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements and select type of insulation required
- Measure and cut insulating material to required dimensions using hand and power tools
- Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between studs and joists
- Install vapour barriers
- Apply waterproofing cement over insulating materials to finish surfaces
- Remove asbestos or urea-formaldehyde insulation from buildings when required.
Outlook & Prospects for Insulators in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Twenty-some jobs will be terminated at wholesaler Marcotte Alimentation & Poissonnerie of Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières will gain a new $1.4M research chair on small or medium-sized enterprises (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Haltes du Roi project in Trois-Rivières, which will require a $20M investment, will create 100 jobs during construction (available in French only)
- In Shawinigan-Sud, Canada Bread will be closing Pâtisserie Chevalier on May 3; 74 people will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Meat processing plan Montpak in Sainte-Angèle-de-Prémont will relaunch its activities in the spring under Aliments Prémont and plans to relaunch with twenty-some workers (available in French only)
- A new Go Sport store has opened its doors in Shawinigan, leading to the creation of 25 jobs (available in French only)
- Groupe Thomas Bellemarre of Trois-Rivières is seeking mechanics, civil engineers and truckers in specialized transportation (available in French only)
- Date Modified: