Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Insulators apply insulation materials to plumbing, air-handling, heating, cooling and refrigeration systems, piping equipment and pressure vessels, and walls, floors and ceilings of buildings and other structures, to prevent or reduce the passage of heat, cold, sound or fire. They are employed by construction companies and insulation contractors, or they may be self-employed.
boiler and pipe insulator, building insulator, firestopping insulator, heat and frost insulator, insulation applicator, insulation mechanic, insulator, insulator apprentice, sound insulator.
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements and select type of insulation required
- Measure and cut insulating material to required dimensions using hand and power tools
- Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between studs and joists
- Install vapour barriers
- Apply waterproofing cement over insulating materials to finish surfaces
- Remove asbestos or urea-formaldehyde insulation from buildings when required.
Outlook & Prospects for Insulators in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-21|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Place Belvédère residence, in Trois-Rivières, has turned the sod on its second phase, which will require an investment of $20M to $22M and will provide work to 100 persons during construction (available in French only)
- Approximately 60 employees of the subcontractor Adecco will be leaving the Rio Tinto Alcan plant in Shawinigan, following the closure of the last potline on November 29 (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivi¿res, the number of jobs will double at the Gexel call centre, which plans to add around 120 employees between next January and June (available in French only)
- Following a process optimization project of nearly $1.2M, Trois-Rivi¿res-based Automation Mauricie should create approximately 30 jobs within the next two years (available in French only)
- The Minist¿re de la Sant¿ et des Services sociaux announced that health facilities in the Mauricie region will receive $38.5M in investments to renovate and maintain their property holdings or upgrade their equipment and furniture (available in French only)
- On November 1st, Premier Aviation in Trois-Rivi¿res has announced $1M in training. This will allow the company to train 130 employees, with 80 new recruits that it plans to hire in the next two years.
- Microbrewery Archibald will open in Trois-Rivi¿res in the summer and will employ sixty-some people (available in French only)
- Date Modified: