Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes sheet metal, ironwork, welding and boilermaking trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Sheet Metal Workers</i> (7261), <i>Boilermakers</i> (7262), <i>Structural Metal and Platework Fabricators and Fitters</i> (7263), <i>Ironworkers</i> (7264), <i>Welders and Related Machine Operators</i> (7265) and <i>Blacksmiths and Die Setters</i> (7266). They are employed by structural, platework and related metal products fabrication, manufacturing and erecting companies.
contractor, ironwork, foreman/woman, blacksmiths, foreman/woman, boilermakers, foreman/woman, ironworkers, supervisor, boilermakers, supervisor, sheet metal workers, supervisor, structural metal fitters, supervisor, welders.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who shape, form and join metal parts or products to specified dimensions and erect light and heavy metal products and structures
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare production and other reports
- Set up machines and equipment
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of apprentices, machine operators, helpers and labourers.
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Metal Forming, Shaping and Erecting Trades in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Intersport opens a sports store in Trois-Rivières and creates 35 jobs (available in French only)
- The sum of $90.5M will be invested into the Mauricie region's roads between 2013 and 2015, leading to the creation or retention of 692 jobs (available in French only)
- Aesthetic, massage therapy and spa centre Talo Spa opened on April 23rd in Rimouski, leading to the creation of 10 jobs (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivières, the Gexel call centre is looking for 60 candidates (available in French only)
- Since spring, the Groupe RCM of Yamachiche has laid off twenty-some people (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Twenty-some jobs will be terminated at wholesaler Marcotte Alimentation & Poissonnerie of Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières will gain a new $1.4M research chair on small or medium-sized enterprises (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Haltes du Roi project in Trois-Rivières, which will require a $20M investment, will create 100 jobs during construction (available in French only)
- In Shawinigan-Sud, Canada Bread will be closing Pâtisserie Chevalier on May 3; 74 people will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: