Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes telecommunications and electrical trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Electricians</i> (7241), <i>Industrial Electricians</i> (7242), <i>Power System Electricians</i> (7243), <i>Electrical Power Line and Cable Workers</i> (7244), <i>Telecommunications Line and Cable Workers</i> (7245), <i>Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers</i> (7246) and <i>Cable Television Service and Maintenance Technicians</i> (7247). They are employed in a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the above unit group descriptions.
electrical contractor, foreman/woman, cablevision technicians, foreman/woman, construction electricians, foreman/woman, industrial electricians, foreman/woman, power line and cable workers, foreman/woman, power system electricians, foreman/woman, telecommunications installation and repair workers, supervisor, cable maintenance and repair, supervisor, plant electricians, supervisor, residential electricians.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who install, repair and maintain electrical wiring, fixtures and control devices, power systems, telecommunication systems and cablevision systems
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other subcontractors or departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare work progress reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Electrical Trades and Telecommunications Occupations in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-20|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Place Belvédère residence, in Trois-Rivières, has turned the sod on its second phase, which will require an investment of $20M to $22M and will provide work to 100 persons during construction (available in French only)
- The Minist¿re de la Sant¿ et des Services sociaux announced that health facilities in the Mauricie region will receive $38.5M in investments to renovate and maintain their property holdings or upgrade their equipment and furniture (available in French only)
- By 2015, Hydro-Québec will create 15 positions in financial and human resource management in Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
- As a result of an investment of $4.4M, Résidence Saint-Jean-Eudes for seniors will be built in Jonquière for next spring (available in French only)
- The Complexe 3R group will begin construction of the District 55 housing project in February, requiring an investment of $800M and potentially creating 1500 jobs (available in French only)
- Date Modified: