Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Specialized cleaners clean and refurbish building exteriors, carpets, chimneys, industrial equipment, ventilation systems, windows and other surfaces, using specialized equipment and techniques. They are employed by specialized cleaning service companies or they may be self-employed.
auto detailer, building exterior cleaner, carpet cleaner, chimney cleaner, freight car cleaner, furnace cleaner, laboratory equipment cleaner, sandblaster, septic tank cleaner, upholstery cleaner, vehicle cleaner, ventilation system cleaner, window cleaner.
- Carpet and upholstery cleaners operate cleaning machines to clean carpets, rugs and upholstered furniture on customers' premises or in carpet and upholstery cleaning establishments.
- Chimney cleaners clean soot and creosote from chimneys and fireplaces using hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Furnace and ventilation system cleaners clean ducts, vents and filters of furnaces in residences and commercial buildings using hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Sandblasters clean building exteriors, tanks, chimneys and industrial equipment using sandblasting, pressurized steam or hydroblasting equipment.
- Vehicle cleaners clean the interior and exterior of automobiles, buses, streetcars, railway cars and subway cars.
- Window cleaners wash and clean interior and exterior windows and other glass surfaces in low-rise and highrise buildings.
Outlook & Prospects for Specialized Cleaners in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-20|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- In Trois-Rivi¿res, the number of jobs will double at the Gexel call centre, which plans to add around 120 employees between next January and June (available in French only)
- In Mauricie, Groupe RCM announced that the 183 jobs of this recycling company had been saved as a result of a partnership with Soleno and financial assistance from the Government of Québec (available in French only)
- Service d'intégration au travail, a Saint-Tite computer equipment recycling business, will be opening its 5th service point in the Mauricie in September, creating approximately 20 jobs (available in French only)
- A sixth ecocentre will open in Trois-Rivières in the fall of 2013 at a cost of $1.2M (available in French only)
- Date Modified: