Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Workers in this unit group include counter attendants, food preparers, kitchen helpers, food service helpers and dishwashers. Counter attendants and food preparers prepare, heat and finish cooking simple food items and serve customers at food counters. Kitchen helpers, food service helpers and dishwashers clear tables, clean kitchen areas, wash dishes, and perform various other activities to assist workers who prepare or serve food and beverages. They are employed by restaurants, cafes, hotels, fast food outlets, cafeterias, hospitals and other establishments.
bartender helper, bus boy/girl, cook's helper, counter attendant, cafeteria, dishwasher, fast-food preparer, food counter attendant, food preparer, food service helper, ice cream counter attendant, kitchen helper, salad bar attendant, sandwich maker.
- Take customers' orders
- Clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs using manual and electric appliances
- Prepare food such as sandwiches, hamburgers, salads, milkshakes and ice cream dishes
- Portion and wrap food or place it directly on plates for service to patrons, and package take-out food
- Serve customers at counters or buffet tables
- Stock refrigerators and salad bars and keep records of the quantities of food used
- May receive payment for food items purchased.
- Wash and peel vegetables and fruit
- Wash work tables, cupboards and appliances
- Remove trash and clear kitchen garbage containers
- Unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, cupboards and other storage areas
- Sweep and mop floors, and perform other duties to assist cook and kitchen staff.
- Clear and clean tables and trays in eating establishments
- Bring clean dishes, flatware and other items to serving areas and set tables
- Replenish condiments and other supplies at tables and in serving areas
- Remove dishes before and after courses
- Perform other duties such as scraping and stacking dishes, carrying linen to and from laundry area and running errands.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans using dishwasher or by hand
- Place dishes in storage area
- Scour pots and pans, and may clean and polish silverware.
Jobs for Food Counter Attendants, Kitchen Helpers and Related Occupations in Mauricie Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: