Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of hotel accommodation service clerks, theatre ushers and attendants, reservation clerks, sports and recreation club workers, commissionaires, security guards and other service workers not elsewhere classified. They are employed by service establishments throughout the public and private sectors.
campground supervisor, hotel clerk supervisor, parking lot supervisor, reservations supervisor, supervisor, clubhouse attendants, supervisor, commissionaires, supervisor, security guards, supervisor, ski lift attendants, supervisor, theatre attendants, supervisor, ticket takers, tour guide supervisor, travel clerk supervisor.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of hotel, motel and other accommodation services clerks, theatre ushers and attendants, reservation clerks, sports and recreation club workers, commissionaires, and other service workers not elsewhere classified
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Hire and train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Service Supervisors in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- Groupe RCM of Yamachiche is heading toward a temporary work stoppage by March 22, resulting in 210 layoffs (available in French only)
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- The Corporation du Parc des Trois Sœurs will create about 40 jobs in La Tuque in 2014 (available in French only)
- On February 18, 210 Groupe RCM employees in Yamachiche received their 12-week notice, suggesting a layoff date of next May 11 (available in French only)
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- Gexel will hold two open houses on February 12 and 13 to hire 150 workers for its Trois-Rivières call centre, which is scheduled to open in May (available in French only)
Week of Jan 28 – Feb 01, 2013
- Gexel is currently recruiting to fill 150 positions at its Trois-Rivières call centre, which is expected to open in May (available in French only)
- Date Modified: