Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Cleaning supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Light Duty Cleaners</i> (6661), <i>Specialized Cleaners</i> (6662), and <i>Janitors, Caretakers and Building Superintendents</i> (6663). Cleaning supervisors are employed by hospitals and other health care institutions, hotels, motels, schools and other educational institutions, commercial and industrial establishments, home and office cleaning establishments and by various specialized cleaning companies.
building cleaning supervisor, carpet cleaning supervisor, cleaning supervisor, head caretaker, head custodian, head janitor, window washing supervisor.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of light duty, industrial or specialized cleaners and janitors
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure established safety and cleanliness standards are met
- Recommend or arrange for additional services required such as painting, repair work, renovations or replacement of furnishings and equipment
- Hire and train cleaning staff
- Prepare work schedule and co-ordinate activities with those of other departments
- Prepare budget, estimate costs and keep financial records
- Receive payment for specialized cleaning jobs
- May perform certain cleaning duties.
Outlook & Prospects for Cleaning Supervisors in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-16|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- In Trois-Rivi¿res, the number of jobs will double at the Gexel call centre, which plans to add around 120 employees between next January and June (available in French only)
- In Mauricie, Groupe RCM announced that the 183 jobs of this recycling company had been saved as a result of a partnership with Soleno and financial assistance from the Government of Québec (available in French only)
- A sixth ecocentre will open in Trois-Rivières in the fall of 2013 at a cost of $1.2M (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivières, the Gexel call centre is looking for 60 candidates (available in French only)
- Since spring, the Groupe RCM of Yamachiche has laid off twenty-some people (available in French only)
- Date Modified: