Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Cleaning supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Light Duty Cleaners</i> (6661), <i>Specialized Cleaners</i> (6662), and <i>Janitors, Caretakers and Building Superintendents</i> (6663). Cleaning supervisors are employed by hospitals and other health care institutions, hotels, motels, schools and other educational institutions, commercial and industrial establishments, home and office cleaning establishments and by various specialized cleaning companies.
building cleaning supervisor, carpet cleaning supervisor, cleaning supervisor, head caretaker, head custodian, head janitor, window washing supervisor.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of light duty, industrial or specialized cleaners and janitors
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure established safety and cleanliness standards are met
- Recommend or arrange for additional services required such as painting, repair work, renovations or replacement of furnishings and equipment
- Hire and train cleaning staff
- Prepare work schedule and co-ordinate activities with those of other departments
- Prepare budget, estimate costs and keep financial records
- Receive payment for specialized cleaning jobs
- May perform certain cleaning duties.
Outlook & Prospects for Cleaning Supervisors in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- In Trois-Rivières, the Gexel call centre is looking for 60 candidates (available in French only)
- Since spring, the Groupe RCM of Yamachiche has laid off twenty-some people (available in French only)
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- Groupe RCM of Yamachiche is heading toward a temporary work stoppage by March 22, resulting in 210 layoffs (available in French only)
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- On February 18, 210 Groupe RCM employees in Yamachiche received their 12-week notice, suggesting a layoff date of next May 11 (available in French only)
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- Gexel will hold two open houses on February 12 and 13 to hire 150 workers for its Trois-Rivières call centre, which is scheduled to open in May (available in French only)
- Date Modified: