Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes specialists in public relations and communications who develop and implement communication and promotion strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations, and for performers, athletes, writers and other talented individuals. They are employed by consulting firms, corporations, associations, government, social agencies, museums, galleries, public interest groups, and cultural and other organizations, or they may be self-employed. Agents such as entertainment, literary and sports agents are included in this unit group.
communications officer, communications specialist, fundraising consultant, information officer, literary agent, media co-ordinator, media relations officer, museum educator, performers agent, press secretary, public affairs officer, public relations consultant, public relations officer, publicist, publicity agent.
- Develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies and programs designed to inform clients, employees and the general public of initiatives and policies of businesses, governments and other organizations
- Gather, research and prepare communications material for internal and external audiences
- Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys to identify the interests and concerns of key groups served by their organization
- Prepare or oversee preparation of reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Web sites and press releases
- Develop and organize workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity, fundraising and information purposes
- Prepare and deliver educational and publicity programs and informational materials to increase awareness of museums, galleries and other tourist attractions
- Initiate and maintain contact with the media
- Arrange interviews and news conferences
- Act as spokesperson for an organization and answer written and oral inquiries
- Co-ordinate special publicity events and promotions for internal and external audiences
- Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material
- Represent and act as an agent for talented individuals or individuals with specific occupational expertise
- Prepare or oversee preparation of sports, literary, performance or other contracts.
Literary agents specialize in representing specific types of authors and writers. Performance agents specialize in representing specific singers, musicians, actors or other performers. Sports agents specialize in representing specific athletes or sports teams.
Outlook & Prospects for Professional Occupations in Public Relations and Communications in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-11-23|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Énergie Cardio relocates in Drummondville by investing $500,000 and creates 4 new jobs (available in French only)
- Thanks to a $2.73M investment, elementary school Jardin-des-Lacs in Saint-Denis-de-Brompton will expand on time for the 2014 back-to-school semester (available in French only)
- With a $220M investment, the new deep-water quay of the Port de Sept-Îles in Pointe-Nord is the biggest maritime dockyard in Canada (available in French only)
- A $78.5M investment for the construction of five new schools in the Montérégie region (available in French only)
- Espace Vie King Est, a new $2M building project, will launch in October in Sherbrooke at the corner of King Est and Curtis. The building will include retail space, offices and residential units. (available in French only)
- In Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, the new Centre de formation professionnelle de la Haute-Gaspésie will hire 9 new teachers for its opening in September (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Built at a cost of $1.9M, rehabilitation centre Kapatakan Gilles-Jourdain of Maliotenam, adapted for Innuses subject to judicial control, will proceed with the hiring of 11 employees. The opening is scheduled for July. (available in French only)
- The Musée du fromage cheddar of Saint-Prime has invested close to $1M to offer its clientele an interactive and gustatory experience as of June 2014 (available in French only)
- The City of Montreal announced a $10M investment over three years to initiate its green neighbourhoods project. The project targets the greening streets and improvement to transit for citizens. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- A new filtering plant that powers the North Hatley region in potable water will be built for $11.2M (available in French only)
- Cinémas Guzzo will invest $18M in the construction of a motion picture theatre in Sainte-Thérèse, which will replace the current establishment. The new theatre will have 10 rooms and 2 IMAX rooms. It is due to open in December 2014. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Following a $950,000 investment, J.N. Donais, the largest funeral cooperative in the Centre-du-Québec region, has just opened its fully-renovated complex on Lindsay Street in Drummondville (available in French only)
- 3 Wing Canadian Forces Base in Bagotville will be spending close to $11M on new radar systems (available in French only)
- The Centre d'entreprenariat et d'essaimage of the Université du Québec in Chicoutimi, will be building an $11M aluminum processing plant in Alma (available in French only)
- The City of Saguenay is investing $2.5M to renovate the Georges Vézina centre (available in French only)
- The city of Montréal will be spending $10M on its network of bike paths in 2013-2014 (available in French only)
- The Repentigny arena is being renovated thanks to an investment of over $7M. Benches and new lighting will be installed and the exterior of the building will be redone. A goalkeepers school, restaurants and a gym will be part of the facility. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: