Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists provide assistance and advice to farmers on all aspects of farm management, cultivation, fertilization, harvesting, soil erosion and composition, disease prevention, nutrition, crop rotation and marketing. They are employed by businesses, institutions and governments that assist the farming community or they may be self-employed.
agricultural consultant, agricultural extension supervisor, agricultural livestock specialist, agricultural representative, agricultural soil and crop specialist, agriculturist, agrologist, agronomist, consulting agrologist, crop specialist, farm management consultant, field service agent, grower's advisor, professional agrologist (P.Ag.).
- Provide counselling and advisory services to farmers on crop cultivation and fertilization, harvesting, animal and poultry care, disease prevention, farm management, farm financing, marketing and other agricultural subjects
- Prepare and conduct advisory information sessions and lectures for farmers and other groups
- Conduct research, analyze agricultural data and prepare research reports
- Liaise with researchers, educators and government or business managers on matters pertaining to farming and agriculture
- Maintain records of services provided and the effects of advice given.
Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists may specialize in specific aspects of agriculture such as animal science, field crops, horticulture, soil science, irrigation or drainage, farm management, marketing, agricultural economics, land use, and environmental management, appraisal or extension and education.
Outlook & Prospects for Agricultural Representatives, Consultants and Specialists in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-14|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Place Belvédère residence, in Trois-Rivières, has turned the sod on its second phase, which will require an investment of $20M to $22M and will provide work to 100 persons during construction (available in French only)
- Approximately 60 employees of the subcontractor Adecco will be leaving the Rio Tinto Alcan plant in Shawinigan, following the closure of the last potline on November 29 (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivi¿res, the number of jobs will double at the Gexel call centre, which plans to add around 120 employees between next January and June (available in French only)
- Following a process optimization project of nearly $1.2M, Trois-Rivi¿res-based Automation Mauricie should create approximately 30 jobs within the next two years (available in French only)
- The Minist¿re de la Sant¿ et des Services sociaux announced that health facilities in the Mauricie region will receive $38.5M in investments to renovate and maintain their property holdings or upgrade their equipment and furniture (available in French only)
- On November 1st, Premier Aviation in Trois-Rivi¿res has announced $1M in training. This will allow the company to train 130 employees, with 80 new recruits that it plans to hire in the next two years.
- Microbrewery Archibald will open in Trois-Rivi¿res in the summer and will employ sixty-some people (available in French only)
- Date Modified: