Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists provide assistance and advice to farmers on all aspects of farm management, cultivation, fertilization, harvesting, soil erosion and composition, disease prevention, nutrition, crop rotation and marketing. They are employed by businesses, institutions and governments that assist the farming community or they may be self-employed.
agricultural consultant, agricultural extension supervisor, agricultural livestock specialist, agricultural representative, agricultural soil and crop specialist, agriculturist, agrologist, agronomist, consulting agrologist, crop specialist, farm management consultant, field service agent, grower's advisor, professional agrologist (P.Ag.).
- Provide counselling and advisory services to farmers on crop cultivation and fertilization, harvesting, animal and poultry care, disease prevention, farm management, farm financing, marketing and other agricultural subjects
- Prepare and conduct advisory information sessions and lectures for farmers and other groups
- Conduct research, analyze agricultural data and prepare research reports
- Liaise with researchers, educators and government or business managers on matters pertaining to farming and agriculture
- Maintain records of services provided and the effects of advice given.
Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists may specialize in specific aspects of agriculture such as animal science, field crops, horticulture, soil science, irrigation or drainage, farm management, marketing, agricultural economics, land use, and environmental management, appraisal or extension and education.
Outlook & Prospects for Agricultural Representatives, Consultants and Specialists in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Intersport opens a sports store in Trois-Rivières and creates 35 jobs (available in French only)
- The sum of $90.5M will be invested into the Mauricie region's roads between 2013 and 2015, leading to the creation or retention of 692 jobs (available in French only)
- Aesthetic, massage therapy and spa centre Talo Spa opened on April 23rd in Rimouski, leading to the creation of 10 jobs (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivières, the Gexel call centre is looking for 60 candidates (available in French only)
- Since spring, the Groupe RCM of Yamachiche has laid off twenty-some people (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Twenty-some jobs will be terminated at wholesaler Marcotte Alimentation & Poissonnerie of Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières will gain a new $1.4M research chair on small or medium-sized enterprises (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Haltes du Roi project in Trois-Rivières, which will require a $20M investment, will create 100 jobs during construction (available in French only)
- In Shawinigan-Sud, Canada Bread will be closing Pâtisserie Chevalier on May 3; 74 people will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: