Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Clerks in this unit group write correspondence, proofread material for accuracy, compile material for publication and perform other related clerical duties. They are employed by newspapers, periodicals, publishing firms and by establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
advertising clerk, classified advertising clerk, correspondence clerk, directory compiler, editorial assistant, press clipper, proofreader, publication clerk, reader, translation clerk.
- Classified advertising clerks receive customers' orders for classified advertising, write and edit copy, calculate advertising rates and bill customers.
- Correspondence clerks write business and government correspondence such as replies to requests for information and assistance, damage claims, credit and billing enquiries and service complaints.
- Editorial assistants and publication clerks assist in the preparation of periodicals, advertisements, catalogues, directories and other material for publication; proofread material; verify facts and conduct research.
- Proofreaders read material prior to publication to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical or compositional errors within tight deadlines.
- Readers and press clippers read newspapers, magazines, press releases and other publications to locate and file articles of interest to staff and clients.
Outlook & Prospects for Correspondence, Publication and Related Clerks in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||<Not assigned>||2010-01-14|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Intersport opens a sports store in Trois-Rivières and creates 35 jobs (available in French only)
- The sum of $90.5M will be invested into the Mauricie region's roads between 2013 and 2015, leading to the creation or retention of 692 jobs (available in French only)
- Aesthetic, massage therapy and spa centre Talo Spa opened on April 23rd in Rimouski, leading to the creation of 10 jobs (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivières, the Gexel call centre is looking for 60 candidates (available in French only)
- Since spring, the Groupe RCM of Yamachiche has laid off twenty-some people (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Twenty-some jobs will be terminated at wholesaler Marcotte Alimentation & Poissonnerie of Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières will gain a new $1.4M research chair on small or medium-sized enterprises (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Haltes du Roi project in Trois-Rivières, which will require a $20M investment, will create 100 jobs during construction (available in French only)
- In Shawinigan-Sud, Canada Bread will be closing Pâtisserie Chevalier on May 3; 74 people will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: