Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Conference and event planners plan, organize and co-ordinate conferences, conventions, meetings, seminars, exhibitions, trade shows, festivals and other events. They are employed by tourism associations, trade and professional associations, convention and conference centres, governments and by conference and event planning companies.
conference and meeting planner, conference planner, conference services officer, convention co-ordinator, event planner, festival organizer, meeting planner, special events organizer, trade show planner.
- Meet with trade and professional associations and other groups to promote and discuss conference, convention and trade show services
- Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets and to review administrative procedures and progress of events
- Co-ordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, conference and other facilities, catering, signage, displays, translation, special needs requirements, audio-visual equipment, printing and security
- Organize registration of participants, prepare programs and promotional material, and publicize events
- Plan entertainment and social gatherings for participants
- Hire, train and supervise support staff required for events
- Ensure compliance with required by-laws
- Negotiate contracts for services, approve suppliers' invoices, maintain financial records, review final billing submitted to clients for events and prepare reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Conference and Event Planners in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||<Not assigned>||2010-01-14|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Twenty-some jobs will be terminated at wholesaler Marcotte Alimentation & Poissonnerie of Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières will gain a new $1.4M research chair on small or medium-sized enterprises (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Haltes du Roi project in Trois-Rivières, which will require a $20M investment, will create 100 jobs during construction (available in French only)
- In Shawinigan-Sud, Canada Bread will be closing Pâtisserie Chevalier on May 3; 74 people will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Meat processing plan Montpak in Sainte-Angèle-de-Prémont will relaunch its activities in the spring under Aliments Prémont and plans to relaunch with twenty-some workers (available in French only)
- A new Go Sport store has opened its doors in Shawinigan, leading to the creation of 25 jobs (available in French only)
- Groupe Thomas Bellemarre of Trois-Rivières is seeking mechanics, civil engineers and truckers in specialized transportation (available in French only)
- Date Modified: