Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Construction managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a construction company or a construction department within a company, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and by construction departments of companies outside the construction industry.
commercial construction manager, construction manager, construction superintendent, general contractor, housing construction manager, industrial construction manager, pipeline construction manager, project manager, construction, residential construction manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Construction Managers in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- The Ville de Shawinigan will restore some of its infrastructure at a cost of more than $16.3M (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Haltes du Roi project in Trois-Rivières, which will require a $20M investment, will create 100 jobs during construction (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Groupe Thomas Bellemarre of Trois-Rivières is seeking mechanics, civil engineers and truckers in specialized transportation (available in French only)
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- The city of Trois-Rivières will invest $43M over three years to deliver water to its filtration plant towards the Cap-de-la-Madeleine, Saint-Louis-de-France and Sainte-Marthe-du-Cap sectors. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: