Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Construction managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a construction company or a construction department within a company, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and by construction departments of companies outside the construction industry.
commercial construction manager, construction manager, construction superintendent, general contractor, housing construction manager, industrial construction manager, pipeline construction manager, project manager, construction, residential construction manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Construction Managers in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-14|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Place Belvédère residence, in Trois-Rivières, has turned the sod on its second phase, which will require an investment of $20M to $22M and will provide work to 100 persons during construction (available in French only)
- The Minist¿re de la Sant¿ et des Services sociaux announced that health facilities in the Mauricie region will receive $38.5M in investments to renovate and maintain their property holdings or upgrade their equipment and furniture (available in French only)
- As a result of an investment of $4.4M, Résidence Saint-Jean-Eudes for seniors will be built in Jonquière for next spring (available in French only)
- The Complexe 3R group will begin construction of the District 55 housing project in February, requiring an investment of $800M and potentially creating 1500 jobs (available in French only)
- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada is investing more than $13M in Wemotaci towards the construction of a primary school and a drinking water treatment plant (available in French only)
- Date Modified: