Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate economic policy, research and programs in areas of government activity such as taxation, international trade, labour markets, transportation or agriculture. They also plan and direct policies and programs to promote industrial and commercial business development in urban and rural areas. They are employed in government departments and agencies.
chief, economic analysis, chief, forest resource analysis, customs manager, director, business development, director, economic development, director, economic policy analysis, director, energy market analysis, director, excise tax programs, director, farm products marketing, international trade policy manager, manager, grain market analysis, manager, revenue programs, manager, tax policy research, taxation manager, tourism development director, trade development director.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development of economic policy research projects and economic programs
- Participate in the development of departmental policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise economists and other professional staff who conduct economic research, prepare reports or administer programs in areas of government activity such as taxation, international trade, labour, transportation or agriculture
- Direct and advise economic development officers or other staff administering programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban or rural areas
- Plan, administer and control research and administration budgets for projects, support services, equipment or supplies
- Organize and direct committees evaluating departmental or agency projects or programs
- Interview, hire and oversee training and professional development.
Jobs for Government Managers – Economic Analysis, Policy Development and Program Administration in Mauricie Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Mauricie Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: