Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Human resources managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of human resources and personnel departments, and develop and implement policies, programs and procedures regarding human resource planning, recruitment, collective bargaining, training and development, occupation classification and pay and benefit administration. They represent management and participate actively on various joint committees to maintain ongoing relations between management and employees. Human resources managers are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
administrator, human resources, manager, employer-employee relations, manager, employment equity – human resources, manager, human resources, manager, industrial relations, manager, occupational health and safety, manager, pay and benefits, manager, personnel, manager, personnel services, manager, personnel training and development, manager, recruiting, manager, staff relations.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of human resources or personnel departments
- Plan human resource requirements in conjunction with other departmental managers
- Co-ordinate internal and external training and recruitment activities
- Develop and implement labour relations policies and procedures and negotiate collective agreements
- Administer employee development, language training and health and safety programs
- Advise and assist other departmental managers on interpretation and administration of personnel policies and programs
- Oversee the classification and rating of occupations
- Organize and conduct employee information meetings on employment policy, benefits and compensation and participate actively on various joint committees
- Direct the organization's quality management program
- Ensure compliance with legislation such as the Pay Equity Act.
Outlook & Prospects for Human Resources Managers in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- On May 31st, chair plant Rosaire St-Yves of Yamachiche was destroyed in a violent blaze and a dozen people lost their jobs (available in French only)
- Recruiting record of 194 nurses and licensed practical nurses at CSSS of Trois-Rivières in the last year (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- The Ville de Shawinigan will restore some of its infrastructure at a cost of more than $16.3M (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- In Trois-Rivières, the Résidences du manoir are investing $7M in a project intended to add 70 living units for independent retirees. The project will also create five jobs. (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The Trifluvien veterinary hospital will open on May 21 in Trois-Rivières, creating at least eight jobs (available in French only)
- Date Modified: