Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Insurance agents and brokers sell life, automobile, property, health and other types of insurance to individuals, businesses and public institutions. Insurance agents are employed by individual insurance companies or are independent representatives of specific insurance companies. Insurance brokers are employed by brokerage firms, or may work in partnerships or hold sole proprietorship.
- Sell automobile, fire, health, life, property, marine, aircraft and other types of insurance to clients
- Establish client insurance coverage, calculate premiums and establish method of payment
- Provide information concerning group and individual insurance packages, the range of risk coverage, benefits paid and other policy features
- Ensure appropriate forms, medical examinations and other policy requirements are completed
- Monitor insurance claims and respond to clients' enquiries
- Identify and solicit potential clientele.
Outlook & Prospects for Insurance Agents and Brokers in Northwest Territories
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
- Date Modified: