Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Insurance agents and brokers sell life, automobile, property, health and other types of insurance to individuals, businesses and public institutions. Insurance agents are employed by individual insurance companies or are independent representatives of specific insurance companies. Insurance brokers are employed by brokerage firms, or may work in partnerships or hold sole proprietorship.
- Sell automobile, fire, health, life, property, marine, aircraft and other types of insurance to clients
- Establish client insurance coverage, calculate premiums and establish method of payment
- Provide information concerning group and individual insurance packages, the range of risk coverage, benefits paid and other policy features
- Ensure appropriate forms, medical examinations and other policy requirements are completed
- Monitor insurance claims and respond to clients' enquiries
- Identify and solicit potential clientele.
Wages for Insurance Agents and Brokers in Northwest Territories
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: