Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Mining engineers plan, design, organize and supervise the development of mines, mine facilities, systems and equipment; and prepare and supervise the extraction of metallic or non-metallic minerals and ores from underground or surface mines. Mining engineers are employed by mining companies, consulting engineering companies, manufacturers, government and in educational and research institutions.
mine design engineer, mine development engineer, mine layout engineer, mine production engineer, mine safety engineer, mine ventilation engineer, mineral engineer, mining engineer.
- Conduct preliminary surveys and studies of ore, mineral or coal deposits to assess the economic and environmental feasibility of potential mining operations
- Determine the appropriate means of safely and efficiently mining deposits
- Determine and advise on appropriate drilling and blasting methods for mining, construction or demolition
- Design shafts, ventilation systems, mine services, haulage systems and supporting structures
- Design, develop and implement computer applications such as for mine design, mine modelling, mapping or for monitoring mine conditions
- Plan and design or select mining equipment and machinery and mineral treatment machinery and equipment in collaboration with other engineering specialists
- Plan, organize and supervise the development of mines and mine structures and the operation and maintenance of mines
- Prepare operations and project estimates, schedules and reports
- Implement and co-ordinate mine safety programs
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of technicians, technologists, survey personnel, and other engineers and scientists.
Jobs for Mining Engineers in Northwest Territories
Job opportunities are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Northwest Territories for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada's National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: