Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Boat operators operate small boats or crafts to transport passengers or freight, or perform other duties. They are employed by marine companies that provide sightseeing tours or water taxi services and by canal, port and harbour authorities.
charter boat operator, launch master, motor boat operator, scow captain, sightseeing boat operator, small craft operator, water taxi operator.
- Operate motorboats, launches, small ferry boats and other similar vessels to transport passengers or freight
- Maintain boats and equipment on board, such as engines, winches, derricks, fire extinguishers and life preservers
- May perform other duties, such as checking for oil spills or other pollutants around ports and harbours, patrolling beaches and measuring depth of water.
Outlook & Prospects for Boat Operators in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 24 - Feb 28, 2014
- Pelly Construction is laying off 44 of 116 employees at the Capstone Resources Minto mine, resulting from a slowdown in production, until a new pit opens in August 2014
- The Government of Yukon is proceeding with plans to dismantle the historic Ross River bridge across the Pelly River, likely starting in March 2014
- The Government of Canada and Government of Yukon have signed an agreement to help Yukon residents with disabilities secure employment
- The Government of Yukon is promoting Ottawa as a tourism market with the launch of a new service by Air North from Whitehorse to the nation's capital
- ATAPOP Homes anticipates hiring up to twelve new staff for its prefabricated house manufacturing facility in Whitehorse
- Family doctors are in demand in Whitehorse, in spite of the recent recruitment of two new physicians
- The winter road to Old Crow is now under construction at a cost of $1M and is expected to open on February 24, 2014, providing road access for several projects
- Date Modified: