Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Boat operators operate small boats or crafts to transport passengers or freight, or perform other duties. They are employed by marine companies that provide sightseeing tours or water taxi services and by canal, port and harbour authorities.
charter boat operator, launch master, motor boat operator, scow captain, sightseeing boat operator, small craft operator, water taxi operator.
- Operate motorboats, launches, small ferry boats and other similar vessels to transport passengers or freight
- Maintain boats and equipment on board, such as engines, winches, derricks, fire extinguishers and life preservers
- May perform other duties, such as checking for oil spills or other pollutants around ports and harbours, patrolling beaches and measuring depth of water.
Outlook & Prospects for Boat Operators in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- The Government of Yukon has reached an agreement with the Vuntut Gwitchin Government to construct the Old Crow winter road this year, the first time the road has been built since 2004. The construction, which will be managed by the Vuntut Gwitchin, is expected to be complete by February 24, 2014, with the road remaining open until March 17th.
- Air North has announced that it will begin a new service from Whitehorse to Yellowknife and then on to Ottawa beginning in early 2014. The flights will run twice per week, with the service creating 10 new Yukon-based jobs.
- The Yukon Shine Distillery in Whitehorse is planning market expansion following a funding commitment
- The Yukon has pledge $5.8M to the Centre for Northern Innovation in Mining, which will allow the centre to expand its mining training programs
- Date Modified: