Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Electricians in this unit group lay out, assemble, install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures. They are employed by electrical contractors and maintenance departments of buildings and other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
apprentice electrician, construction electrician, construction electrician apprentice, domestic and rural electrician, electrician.
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Pull wire through conduits and through holes in walls and floors
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment
- Install, replace and repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels
- Splice, join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement or repair
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components
- Connect electrical power to audio and visual communication equipment, signalling devices and heating and cooling systems
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
Jobs for Electricians (Except Industrial and Power System) in Yukon Territory
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Yukon Territory for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: