Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Machinists and Machining and Tooling Inspectors</i> (7231), <i>Tool and Die Makers</i> (7232) and <i>Machining Tool Operators</i> (9511). They are employed by metal products manufacturing companies and machine shops.
foreman/woman, automotive machine shop, foreman/woman, machinists, foreman/woman, maintenance machine shop, foreman/woman, tool and die makers, supervisor, machine shop, supervisor, machinists, supervisor, metal mould and metal patternmakers, supervisor, tool and die inspectors.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who machine metal into parts, products, tools and dies or moulds with precise dimensions
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment and write programs for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Machinists and Related Occupations in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Updated report states that the Casino Mine Project in the Yukon will create 1,600 construction jobs and 600 permanent jobs when production hits its peak
- The Yukon government has authorized Victoria Gold Corporation to move to the final stages of licensing for its Eagle Gold project, which will create 400 jobs at full operation. Pending regulatory approval, construction will begin this summer.
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
Week of Jan 21 – Jan 25, 2013
- Date Modified: