Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Technical sales specialists, wholesale trade, sell a range of technical goods and services, such as scientific and industrial products, electricity, telecommunications services and computer services, to governments and to commercial and industrial establishments in domestic and international localities. They are employed by establishments that produce or provide technical goods and services, such as pharmaceutical companies, industrial equipment manufacturing companies, computer services firms, engineering firms and hydroelectric companies, or may be self-employed technical sales specialists/agents who contract their services to other companies. Technical sales specialists who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
aircraft sales representative, communication equipment sales representative, construction equipment sales representative, electricity sales representative, heavy equipment sales representative, industrial supplies sales representative, medical instruments sales agent, sales engineer, technical support, software sales representative, technical sales representative, technical sales supervisor, technical support specialist.
- Promote sales to existing clients
- Identify and solicit potential clients
- Assess clients' needs and resources and recommend the appropriate goods or services
- Provide input into product design where goods or services must be tailored to suit clients' needs
- Develop reports and proposals as part of sales presentation to illustrate benefits from use of good or service
- Estimate costs of installing and maintaining equipment or service
- Prepare and administer sales contracts
- Consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to equipment
- May train customers' staff in the operation and maintenance of equipment
- May conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce
- May supervise the activities of other technical sales specialists.
Technical sales specialists usually specialize in a particular line of goods or services.
Jobs for Technical Sales Specialists – Wholesale Trade in Yukon Territory
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Information for Newcomers
Can I immigrate to Canada to work in this field?
You may be eligible to apply as a federal skilled worker if you have an arranged offer of permanent employment from a Canadian employer, or if you have been living legally in Canada for one year as an international student or temporary foreign worker. Find out more about who is eligible to apply in the Federal skilled worker section.
- Date Modified: