Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail trade supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Retail Salespersons and Sales Clerks</i> (6421), <i>Cashiers</i> (6611), <i>Grocery Clerks and Store Shelf Stockers</i> (6622) and <i>Other Elemental Sales Occupations</i> (6623). They are employed by stores and other retail businesses, wholesale businesses that sell on a retail basis to the public, rental service establishments and businesses involved in door-to-door soliciting and telemarketing.
department store supervisor, head cashier, liquor store supervisor, produce department supervisor, rental service supervisor, route supervisor, retail sales, telemarketing supervisor.
- Supervise and co-ordinate sales staff and cashiers
- Assign sales workers to duties and prepare work schedules
- Authorize payments by cheque and the return of merchandise
- Sell merchandise to customers
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Maintain specified inventory and order merchandise
- Prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Hire and train or arrange for the training of new sales staff.
Jobs for Retail Trade Supervisors in Yukon Territory
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Information for Newcomers
Can I immigrate to Canada to work in this field?
You may be eligible to apply as a federal skilled worker if you have an arranged offer of permanent employment from a Canadian employer, or if you have been living legally in Canada for one year as an international student or temporary foreign worker. Find out more about who is eligible to apply in the Federal skilled worker section.
- Date Modified: