Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Industrial designers conceptualize and produce designs for manufactured products. They are employed by manufacturing industries and private design firms or they may be self-employed.
furniture designer, industrial design consultant, industrial designer, industrial products designer, product designer.
- Consult with client, engineers or production specialists to establish product requirements
- Analyze the intended use of product and user preferences
- Conduct research into cost, properties of production materials and methods of production
- Prepare design concepts, sketches or models for approval
- Prepare manufacturing drawings, specifications and guidelines for production and construct prototype of design
- Consult with engineers and production staff during manufacturing stage.
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Designers in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Alexco Resource Corp. is cutting 30 positions at its Keno Hills Silver District site in the Yukon. A 10% staff reduction is also expected at the company's Whitehorse and Vancouver offices.
- The Yukon government has put out a tender to replace a senior's complex in Whitehorse. The new building will have 34 living units.
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- NCC-Dowland Construction Ltd. has defaulted on three multi-million dollar renovation contracts in Nunavut and the Yukon, delaying the projects
- Recent changes in gold prices have made for a challenging spring for Yukon mining
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Updated report states that the Casino Mine Project in the Yukon will create 1,600 construction jobs and 600 permanent jobs when production hits its peak
- The Yukon government has authorized Victoria Gold Corporation to move to the final stages of licensing for its Eagle Gold project, which will create 400 jobs at full operation. Pending regulatory approval, construction will begin this summer.
- Date Modified: