Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians provide technical support and services or may work independently in mechanical engineering fields such as the design, development, maintenance and testing of machines, components, tools, heating and ventilating systems, power generation and power conversion plants, manufacturing plants and equipment. They are employed by consulting engineering, manufacturing and processing companies, institutions and government departments.
HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) technologist, aeronautical technologist, heating designer, machine designer, marine engineering technologist, mechanical engineering technician, mechanical engineering technologist, mechanical technologist, mould designer, thermal station technician, tool and die designer, tool designer.
- Prepare and interpret conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering designs, drawings, and specifications for machines and components, power transmission systems, process piping, heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems
- Prepare cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports
- Conduct tests and analyses of machines, components and materials to determine their performance, strength, response to stress and other characteristics
- Design moulds, tools, dies, jigs and fixtures for use in manufacturing processes
- Inspect mechanical installations and construction
- Prepare contract and tender documents
- Supervise, monitor and inspect mechanical installations and construction projects
- Prepare standards and schedules and supervise mechanical maintenance programs or operations of mechanical plants.
- Assist in preparing conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering designs, drawings and specifications
- Carry out a limited range of mechanical tests and analyses of machines, components and materials
- Assist in the design of moulds, tools, dies, jigs and fixtures for use in manufacturing processes
- Assist in inspection of mechanical installations and construction projects
- Participate in the installation, repair and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Yukon.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Yukon Territory||<Not assigned>||2008-07-21|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
Week of Jan 21 – Jan 25, 2013
Week of Dec 31 – Jan 04, 2012
- Resuming on January 18, 2013
Week of Dec 10 – Dec 14, 2012
- Construction of Dawson City Hospital is nearing completion, with operations set to begin in May 2013. The new facility will create employment opportunities for up to 30 people and enhance acute care services in northern Yukon.
- Date Modified: