Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Purchasing agents and officers purchase general and specialized equipment, materials and business services for use or for further processing by their establishment. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
contract management officer, contracts officer, materiel management officer, procurement officer, purchaser, furniture and furnishings, purchasing agent, purchasing officer, supply officer, government.
- Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials or business services for use or for further processing by their establishment
- Assess requirements of an establishment and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased
- Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations
- Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions, award supplier contracts or recommend contract awards
- Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems
- May hire, train or supervise purchasing clerks.
Purchasing agents and officers may specialize in the purchase of particular materials or business services such as furniture or office equipment.
Wages for Purchasing Agents and Officers in Yukon Territory
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: