Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Purchasing agents and officers purchase general and specialized equipment, materials and business services for use or for further processing by their establishment. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
contract management officer, contracts officer, materiel management officer, procurement officer, purchaser, furniture and furnishings, purchasing agent, purchasing officer, supply officer, government.
- Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials or business services for use or for further processing by their establishment
- Assess requirements of an establishment and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased
- Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations
- Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions, award supplier contracts or recommend contract awards
- Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems
- May hire, train or supervise purchasing clerks.
Purchasing agents and officers may specialize in the purchase of particular materials or business services such as furniture or office equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Purchasing Agents and Officers in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Yukon.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Jan 21 – Jan 25, 2013
Week of Nov 26 – Nov 30, 2012
- Work on the Yukon's Eagle Gold Mine is set to begin in 2013, employing 600 workers during construction and up to 400 people once it is operational
Week of Oct 15 – Oct 19, 2012
- A new Memorandum of Agreement has been signed between the governments of the Yukon and Alaska to promote mutual cooperation in industrial and mine training
Week of Sep 03 – Sep 07, 2012
- Date Modified: