Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Purchasing agents and officers purchase general and specialized equipment, materials and business services for use or for further processing by their establishment. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
contract management officer, contracts officer, materiel management officer, procurement officer, purchaser, furniture and furnishings, purchasing agent, purchasing officer, supply officer, government.
- Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials or business services for use or for further processing by their establishment
- Assess requirements of an establishment and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased
- Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations
- Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions, award supplier contracts or recommend contract awards
- Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems
- May hire, train or supervise purchasing clerks.
Purchasing agents and officers may specialize in the purchase of particular materials or business services such as furniture or office equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Purchasing Agents and Officers in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Yukon.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- November 2013 | (PDF, 535 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 606 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 430 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 436 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 498 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 450 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 217 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 250 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 215 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 213 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 446 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 199 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 04 - Nov 08, 2013
- The Yukon has pledge $5.8M to the Centre for Northern Innovation in Mining, which will allow the centre to expand its mining training programs
- Yukon Zinc is boosting production at the Wolverine mine. The company has recalled 15 people from the 100 that were let go this summer.
- Victoria Gold has received a mining license for the Eagle gold mine. It still needs to receive $433M in funding and a water license before major construction can go ahead.
- Date Modified: