Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Mail, Postal and Related Clerks</i> (1461), <i>Letter Carriers</i> (1462) and <i>Couriers, Messengers and Door-to-Door Distributors</i> (1463). They are employed by Canada Post Corporation, courier companies, governments and large corporations.
courier service supervisor, letter carriers supervisor, mail and postal clerks supervisor, mail room supervisor, messenger service supervisor, postal station supervisor, postmaster/mistress.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of postal clerks, letter carriers and couriers engaged in the collecting, sorting and delivering of mail, parcels and other material
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Jobs for Supervisors, Mail and Message Distribution Occupations in Yukon Territory
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Information for Newcomers
Can I immigrate to Canada to work in this field?
You may be eligible to apply as a federal skilled worker if you have an arranged offer of permanent employment from a Canadian employer, or if you have been living legally in Canada for one year as an international student or temporary foreign worker. Find out more about who is eligible to apply in the Federal skilled worker section.
- Date Modified: