Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of health care policies, social policies and related programs designed to protect and promote the health and social welfare of individuals and communities. These managers are employed by government departments and agencies.
city medical officer of health, director, health information and promotion, director, housing policy and development, immigration and settlement director, manager, health program operations, manager, social services planning, social services director – government services.
- Participate in the development of health or social policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise health or social policy researchers, consultants or program officers who conduct research, prepare documents or administer programs for individuals and communities in areas such as health and social services, employment and immigration, labour or housing
- Plan, administer and control budgets for research and administration, support services and equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate health and social services projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Health and Social Policy Development and Program Administration in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 24 - Feb 28, 2014
- Pelly Construction is laying off 44 of 116 employees at the Capstone Resources Minto mine, resulting from a slowdown in production, until a new pit opens in August 2014
- The Government of Yukon is proceeding with plans to dismantle the historic Ross River bridge across the Pelly River, likely starting in March 2014
- The Government of Canada and Government of Yukon have signed an agreement to help Yukon residents with disabilities secure employment
- The Government of Yukon is promoting Ottawa as a tourism market with the launch of a new service by Air North from Whitehorse to the nation's capital
- ATAPOP Homes anticipates hiring up to twelve new staff for its prefabricated house manufacturing facility in Whitehorse
- Family doctors are in demand in Whitehorse, in spite of the recent recruitment of two new physicians
- The winter road to Old Crow is now under construction at a cost of $1M and is expected to open on February 24, 2014, providing road access for several projects
- Date Modified: