Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of health care policies, social policies and related programs designed to protect and promote the health and social welfare of individuals and communities. These managers are employed by government departments and agencies.
city medical officer of health, director, health information and promotion, director, housing policy and development, immigration and settlement director, manager, health program operations, manager, social services planning, social services director – government services.
- Participate in the development of health or social policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise health or social policy researchers, consultants or program officers who conduct research, prepare documents or administer programs for individuals and communities in areas such as health and social services, employment and immigration, labour or housing
- Plan, administer and control budgets for research and administration, support services and equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate health and social services projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Health and Social Policy Development and Program Administration in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Alexco Resource Corp. is cutting 30 positions at its Keno Hills Silver District site in the Yukon. A 10% staff reduction is also expected at the company's Whitehorse and Vancouver offices.
- The Yukon government has put out a tender to replace a senior's complex in Whitehorse. The new building will have 34 living units.
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- NCC-Dowland Construction Ltd. has defaulted on three multi-million dollar renovation contracts in Nunavut and the Yukon, delaying the projects
- Recent changes in gold prices have made for a challenging spring for Yukon mining
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Updated report states that the Casino Mine Project in the Yukon will create 1,600 construction jobs and 600 permanent jobs when production hits its peak
- The Yukon government has authorized Victoria Gold Corporation to move to the final stages of licensing for its Eagle Gold project, which will create 400 jobs at full operation. Pending regulatory approval, construction will begin this summer.
- Date Modified: