Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of health care policies, social policies and related programs designed to protect and promote the health and social welfare of individuals and communities. These managers are employed by government departments and agencies.
city medical officer of health, director, health information and promotion, director, housing policy and development, immigration and settlement director, manager, health program operations, manager, social services planning, social services director – government services.
- Participate in the development of health or social policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise health or social policy researchers, consultants or program officers who conduct research, prepare documents or administer programs for individuals and communities in areas such as health and social services, employment and immigration, labour or housing
- Plan, administer and control budgets for research and administration, support services and equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate health and social services projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Health and Social Policy Development and Program Administration in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- The Government of Yukon has reached an agreement with the Vuntut Gwitchin Government to construct the Old Crow winter road this year, the first time the road has been built since 2004. The construction, which will be managed by the Vuntut Gwitchin, is expected to be complete by February 24, 2014, with the road remaining open until March 17th.
- Air North has announced that it will begin a new service from Whitehorse to Yellowknife and then on to Ottawa beginning in early 2014. The flights will run twice per week, with the service creating 10 new Yukon-based jobs.
- The Yukon Shine Distillery in Whitehorse is planning market expansion following a funding commitment
- The Yukon has pledge $5.8M to the Centre for Northern Innovation in Mining, which will allow the centre to expand its mining training programs
- Date Modified: