Explore Careers - Job Market Report
School principals plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of teachers and other staff of an elementary or secondary school. They are employed by public and private schools. Administrators of elementary and secondary education plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the academic affairs of a school system. They are employed by school boards.
administrator, board of education, chief superintendent – schools, director of education, correctional institution, director of school for the hearing impaired, district school superintendent, headmaster/mistress, private school, school principal, secondary school principal, superintendent of elementary education, superintendent of secondary schools, superintendent of special education, vice-principal, school.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through department heads or supervisors, the activities of teachers and support staff
- Review programs to ensure conformance to school board or provincial standards and develop programs within limits of authority
- Co-ordinate teaching activities of the institution by making personnel assignments, determining class size and preparing timetables
- Organize and maintain procedures for the keeping of records
- Prepare and administer institution or program budget
- Direct and co-ordinate school maintenance services and the use of school facilities
- May recruit and hire teachers and other staff
- May teach.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through school principals, the academic affairs of a school district
- Evaluate curriculum, teaching methods and community participation in programs for a school district and revise programs as required
- Develop and administer programs for the education and training of students and adults
- Make recommendations concerning the annual operating budget of a school district
- Direct or supervise the recruitment, appointment, training, evaluation and promotion of teaching personnel.
Wages for School Principals and Administrators of Elementary and Secondary Education in Yukon Territory
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: