Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Legal assistants and paralegals prepare legal documents, maintain records and files and conduct research to assist lawyers or other professionals. Notaries public administer oaths, take affidavits, sign legal documents and perform other activities according to the limitations of their appointment. Trademark agents advise clients on intellectual property matters. Independent paralegals provide legal services to the public as allowed by government legislation, or provide paralegal services on contract to law firms or other establishments. Legal assistants and paralegals are employed by law firms, by record search companies and in legal departments throughout the public and private sectors. Independent paralegals are usually self-employed. Trademark agents are employed by law firms and legal departments throughout the public and private sectors, trademark development and search firms or they may be self-employed. Notaries public are employed by government and in the public and private sectors or they may be self-employed.
commercial law clerk, corporate paralegal, family law paralegal, independent paralegal, land titles examiner, law clerk, legal assistant, legal researcher, litigation legal assistant, notary public, paralegal, real estate law clerk, title searcher, trademark agent.
- Assist lawyers by interviewing clients, witnesses and other related parties, assembling documentary evidence, preparing trial briefs, and arranging for trials
- Prepare wills, real estate transactions and other legal documents, court reports and affidavits
- Research records, court files and other legal documents
- Draft legal correspondence and perform general office and clerical duties.
- Administer oaths and take affidavits and depositions
- Witness and certify the validity of signatures on documents
- May draft contracts, prepare promissory notes and draw up wills, mortgages and other legal documents
- May arrange probates and administer the estates of deceased persons.
- Advise clients on intellectual property matters and represent clients before the Registrar of Trade-Marks on matters including prosecution of applications for registration of trademarks
- Advise on the registrability of trademarks, trademark licensing requirements, transfer of intellectual property and protection of existing trademark rights
- Represent clients at proceedings before the Trade Marks Opposition Board and in related proceedings
- May represent clients internationally in consultation with foreign associates and attorneys.
- Represent clients in small claims court and in other lower court proceedings, at tribunals and before administrative bodies
- Advise clients and take legal action on landlord and tenant matters, traffic violations, name changes and other issues within their jurisdictions.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Jobs for Paralegal and Related Occupations in Toronto Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 68 job postings in Toronto Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-12-11||litigation legal assistant||TALENTCOR||
|2013-12-11||Legal assistant (Experienced Litigation Legal Assistant)||Teamrecruiter.com||
|2013-12-10||legal assistant||LOBLAW COMPANIES LIMITED||
|2013-12-10||legal assistant||ONTARIO SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS' FEDERATION||
|2013-12-09||Paralegal (Paralegal/Law Clerk)||C & J Services Co||
|2013-12-09||Legal assistant (Securities, Corporate law)||The Hiring Partner Inc.||
|2013-12-05||legal assistant||P&M PERSONAL INJURY LAW||
|2013-12-05||law clerk||ONTARIO COLLEGE OF TEACHERS||
|2013-12-05||Insurance legal assistant (Law firm experience required)||The Recruitment House Inc.||
|2013-12-05||Real estate law clerk||Seif Law Firm||
|2013-11-30||law clerk||TARGET CORPORATION||
|2013-11-30||real estate law clerk||MONAGHAN BARRISTERS AND SOLICITORS||
|2013-11-29||legal assistant||CARTEL INC.||
|2013-11-29||Real estate law clerk (Jr. Real Estate Clerk)||Seif Law Firm||
|2013-11-29||corporate law clerk||AVERY HUMAN RESOURCES INC.||
|2013-11-27||paralegal||SHS SERVICES MANAGEMENT||
|2013-11-27||law clerk||CARTEL INC.||
|2013-11-27||Legal assistant (Trademarks)||The Hiring Partner Inc.||
|2013-11-27||Litigation legal assistant (Insurance Defence Law,must have experience with AB)||The Hiring Partner Inc.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: