Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Tour and travel guides escort individuals and groups on trips, on sightseeing tours of cities and on tours of historical sites and establishments such as famous buildings, manufacturing plants, cathedrals and theme parks. They also provide descriptions and background information on interesting features. Tour and travel guides are employed by tour operators, resorts and other establishments or may be self-employed.
adventure travel site interpreter, calèche driver, factory tour guide, industrial site interpreter, sightseeing guide, tour guide, tourist guide, travel guide.
- Transport or escort individuals or groups on tours of cities, waterways and industrial and other establishments
- Describe points of interest, answer questions and supply information
- Provide historical and cultural facts related to the site
- May collect admission fees and sell souvenirs.
- Escort individuals and groups on vacation and business trips
- Ensure that reservations for transportation and accommodations are confirmed and that prepared itineraries are met
- Visit and describe points of interest and plan and carry out recreational activities
- Resolve problems with itineraries, service and accommodations.
Jobs for Tour and Travel Guides in Southern Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Southern Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: